IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
Our office is NOW OPEN for all dental treatment. Please self-screen to make sure you do not have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. To make an appointment, please schedule online or call 201-567-5667.
Please ask yourself the following questions prior to making your Emergency In-person appointment in order to minimize risks of exposure to yourself or others.
COVID-19 Initial - Patient Screening Questions:
- Have you or anyone you have been in contact with traveled internationally (particularly to high-risk areas of the world) or domestic air travel?
- Do you have any recent upper respiratory infections?
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (fever, sneezing, cough, runny nose, etc) or exposure to those with flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Is your face or neck swollen?
- Is this a life threatening emergency?
- Are you willing to accept the increased risk of contracting COVID-19 from being in this office or as a result of your treatment?
- If so, release of liability for COVID-19 will be signed upon entering the office
In recognition of ongoing reports of COVID-19, we understand our patients may have questions. As dedicated health professionals, our main priority is to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy at this unprecedented time.
Our practice strictly adheres to infection control guidelines and uses the highest standards of infection control measures. This includes personal protective gear, hospital grade disinfectants, the best sterilization protocols, and utilization of single-use disposable materials.
In every effort to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we want you to know that we are monitoring the situation very closely and will keep you updated regularly.
The Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified dental offices as a facility of increased risk of transmission of respiratory disease (including COVID-19) due to creation of airborne aerosol particles during dental treatment. The New Jersey Dental Board (NJDA) and American Dental Association (ADA) has recommended that dentists use sound judgment and continue to provide emergency dental care to help relieve patients. This includes but not limited to: severe dental pain, cracked or broken teeth causing pain, localized infections and/or swelling related to bacterial infection of a tooth.
In order to keep our patients and staff safe, we are heavily screening patients over the phone and offering virtual appointments to help mitigate the situation, prior to admitting patients to the clinical treatment area to ensure the safety of our patients and healthcare staff members.
Please reschedule your appointment to a later date, if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19:
- Elderly (over 65 years of age) and has severe medical conditions
- Traveled internationally or out of the country within the last 2 months
- Traveled domestically within the US (within the last 2 weeks)
- Signs or symptoms of Fever, Shortness of Breath, Coughing today or within the last 2 weeks
- If you have an appointment with our office, we will ask you to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and will take your temperature prior to admitting you to our clinical treatment area.
As the situation evolves and we obtain more guidance from the federal and state government, as well as the American Dental Association and NJ State board, we will continue to update our patients and this page.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- If Sick:
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 201-567-5667, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.